Being a Governor
The three core functions for governance in all DNEAT academies are :
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
- Holding the Executive Leaders to account for the educational performance of the organisation and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Primary responsibility for these functions is held by the DNEAT Board of Trustees, but it delegates responsibilities to the Local Governing Body (LGB) of each academy via a document called a Scheme of Delegation.
Our Local Governing Body consists of 6 Trust Appointed Governors, 2 Parent Governors, 1 Staff Governor and the Headteacher.
The full LGB meets twice each term. There are also termly meetings for each of the sub-committees:
- Resources Committee (covering finance, premises, IT, health & safety)
- Standards & Curriculum (covering teaching, learning and safeguarding)
- Ethos & Community (covering RE, Christian distinctiveness, Collective Worship, engagement with staff, pupils, parents and community)
We currently have vacancies for governors on our local governing body. Please click here for further information on what becoming a governor at St Michael's would involve. Please contact the school office (01553 772420) if you have any queries.